August 7, 2008

I want to blog to....

I want to blog to help out my department. I am the assistant to the Chair and I have to interact with all faculty and staff. Currently we are having communication issues amongst the faculty and staff and blogging and wikis may be very helpful to our department. There is no single medium that everyone in the department uses which is partly why there is a communication problem. I am hoping creating a department blog and wiki will help keep everyone on the same page and well informed of all the issues and tasks that are being worked on. I will probably be the holder and creator of the department blog. The Chair, Committee Chairs, MSO and myself will be managing and administrating the blog; whereas staff and faculty will be able to provide comments. There are a lot of ongoing projects that I have noticed everyone has an opinion on, and blogging will be perfect to provide that option as well as document it.

No comments: